Sunday, January 27, 2013

Song on My Heart Weekend

I went on a search today for Christian Women Bloggers and I came across Tania at the "Simply God's Girl" blog. She is hosting a "Song On My Heart" weekend. She asks, "Is there a song that speaks to your heart?"

Being a songwriter and singer myself, I have always been one to "run" to songs to lift my spirits. Songs have life in them! The life of the writer, the passion of the singer, but most of all, the spirit of our Heavenly Father.

This week, the song I keep singing in my spirit is one that my daughter, Jessica, wrote when she was in her teens. She's almost 25 now and is a worship leader at her church. She had surgery on Friday to remove a suspicious lump, and we are praying all is well with the lab reports. Maybe that's why I'm singing her song right now, or maybe it's because it's such a simple worship song, but takes me straight to the throne of God.

I lift my hands up, God
To your holy throne
I lift my hands up, God
For your name is holy
God, you are my God
You're the peace inside my heart
Lord, come and fill me up
To the highest point of my heart
Lord, you are my God

(C) Jessica Wilson

If I had a recording of Jessica and my oldest daughter, Tifanee, singing it, I would post it. Maybe some day. It's a beautiful song and the young girl who wrote it is beautiful inside and out!

Thank you, Tania, for hosting the "Song on my Heart" weekend!


Debbie Davis
One Blessed Chicky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Follow Me on Pinterest


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind words and for inspiring this post!

    ReplyDelete