Friday, January 17, 2014

What's Inside of YOU?

Matthew 25:23 "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!' (NIV)

In the parable of the talents, the master was only pleased with those who took the talents he gave them, and multiplied them (or used them for His glory). He called them "good and faithful servants".

One evening, when our daughter Tifanee was almost a year old, I was watching Christian Television and Pastor Kenny Foreman was a guest on that evening's program. He was talking about the cross of Calvary and about Jesus mending broken hearts. He said, “No matter what you’re going through, no matter where you've been or what you've you done, Jesus loves you and cares for you.”

He spoke with such love and compassion and I could feel the presence of the Lord. He painted a portrait of Calvary with his words, one like I had never heard up to that point in my life. And then he looked at the camera with tears in his eyes, and made THIS statement, “If you think that no one cares about you or that no one loves you, look to Calvary, there’s your proof!”. That powerful statement made a lasting impact on my life. When I heard Pastor Foreman speak those words, something on the inside of me jumped and I thought I was going to burst.

 I knew exactly what he was talking about. I had heard all my life that Jesus died on the cross for my sins. I've sang about it since I was a little girl, “Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so…” but the way that man of God spoke about Calvary, ignited something on the inside of me.

 “A song,” I thought, “there needs to be a song called, Calvary is Proof!”  I ran and got a piece of paper and a pencil and started writing. The pen seemed to glide swiftly across the paper as I wrote the words with ease. I wasn't a songwriter, at least I hadn't been up until a few weeks prior when I had written my first song (other than little choruses I wrote as a child). Little did I know that the song I wrote weeks before would be the beginning of many more songs to come.

So, there I was, in front of the television, and the words (and music) were flowing freely. It wasn't assigned, not by man anyway, but yet I wrote sincerely and unrestrained. I hadn't even thought about being a songwriter, it just happened! Another verse came.

People need to know that Calvary is proof that Jesus loves them,” I thought, as the pen surged across the paper, “they need to hear how He bled and died on a cruel cross. The answer is at Calvary; the proof is at Calvary!” The chorus came fluently.

Source: In.com
That day back in 1987 was very special to me. It took a Pastor on a television broadcast to bring out something in me that God had placed there, possible years before. God enriches our lives with talents and abilities and it’s up to us to utilize them for His glory.

What has God placed inside of you? What hidden talent is waiting to be opened like a precious gift? Don't let your talents be wasted. Don't live your life to the end with these gifts still inside of you, unopened and untouched. It may be by accident, or you may be searching with all of your heart, but however it happens, use these wonderful gifts to the best of your ability, and to HIS glory! May He be pleased with you and call you a "good and faithful" servant.            

                   
                  Calvary Is Proof
                               

          1.      I’d be lost in this world without Jesus
                   Although this world is not my true home
                   Until the day when He comes to take his waiting Bride away
                   I’ll think of Calvary, the place He gave his all for me.

          Cho.  For it was there where they placed
                   A crown of thorns on his head
                   It was there where they pierced his precious side
                   So if you’re looking for an answer
                   And, you don’t know where to turn
                   I’ll know he’ll help you, because Calvary is proof.

          2.      If you think that no one cares when you’re hurting
                   If you’re traveling down a road that has no end
                   Let me tell you of a man who died to save you
                   He really loves you, my friend, and Calvary is proof.

(c) 1987 Debbie L. Davis / BMI / Full Life Music Group


As always, go with God, and God will go with you!


Until next time,
Debbie Davis
One Blessed Chicky
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment