Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Fabulous Ideas For A Romantic Valentine's Day

Ideas for a Romantic Valentine's Day. OneBlessedChicky.com

My husband and I will be celebrating 29 years of marriage in July of this year, and over the years, it seems that Valentine's Day has become "just another day". It's not that we don't love each other, as a matter of fact, our love has grown stronger over the years. It feels like we're in the 29th year of our honeymoon :)

We just have never made a big deal about Valentine's Day. Sure, we might go out to eat.... but most likely, stay at home and watch a movie, cuddled on the couch (that's not so bad, is it?). But, this year, I want something different for Valentine's Day. And of course, I turned to Pinterest for help.

There is no shortage of Valentine's Day ideas on Pinterest, and I want to share with you some of my favorites. You may have some different ones of your own, and I would LOVE to hear them in the comments section. But here are my top six favorites (in no particular order):

  1. Make a memory jar. Take simple slips of paper and write a favorite memory on each one. Be specific, and try to record as much about the occasion as you can. Tuck them into a jar or wooden box, tied with a bow. (source: NewWoman.IE)
  2. Plan to give your husband a surprise every day from Feb. 1 – the 14th.  It can be a simple note in his lunch, baking his favorite cookies, back massage, washing and massaging his feet, etc. The idea is to do something special for 14 days. (source: TheRomanticVineyard)
  3. Write and play him a song on the piano/guitar. I got this idea from Shannyn over at FrugalBeautiful, only her ideas were for the guy to give the girl. I loved it, but then remembered that I indeed HAD written my husband a song a few years after we got married. So, now, I need to dig through some treasure boxes and see if I can brush the dust off of that song. He would LOVE it ♥
  4. Hop in the car and just drive! The fun comes in the unknown…pick a road or direction you rarely travel and just see where you end up. (source: SouthernGirlRamblings). I loved this one. My husband and I have always loved to take drives through the country. Now that we live in the country, we rarely go for those rides anymore. We may just have to do it!
  5. Give him a rejuvenating body rub, grab those sensual oils and pamper him like he’s the only person that matters. Great idea from Jenn over at Jennsblahblahblog.
  6. Watch the sunrise, or sunset. Depending on your schedules, you might be able to catch a beautiful sunrise instead of the usual sunset. Take pictures together and put them together in a scrapbook later. Bonus: The scrapbook would make a great anniversary gift! (source: ShannonsViewFromHere)
Now, the question is, which one of these fabulous ideas will I incorporate into this year's Valentine's Day? Maybe ALL of them. Or just maybe, we'll end up cuddled on the couch watching a romantic movie ;)

Either way, I will be celebrating this day of love with the man that God has blessed me with, the man I love with all my heart ♥ And THAT is what will make Valentine's Day special to me.

What will YOU be doing on Valentine's Day this year?

As always, go with God, and God will go with you!

Until next time,
Debbie Davis
One Blessed Chicky
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment