Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cheesy Ham And Hashbrown Casserole

Cheesy Ham and Hashbrown Casserole. Easy enough for the kids to help. OneBlessedChicky.com

Have you ever had one of those cravings that you just HAD to satisfy? I had one of "those" today. My craving was for a cheesy hash brown casserole. So, of course, I turned to Pinterest for help. I was not disappointed by the pages of pins for a cheesy hash brown casserole. I WAS disappointed that most of them called for a can of "cream of (whatever)", which I did NOT have. 

Still driven by my craving, I continued to browse through the many pins. Finally, I came across a recipe that did NOT call for the above mentioned can (lol). This one, however, only called for a few ingredients, which looked yummy enough, but I wanted more. So, I pinned the recipe, opened it up, and started creating my own version.

The original pin called for bacon. I used ham. I also added a few more ingredients, 
and the end result was very pleasing to the taste buds (my husband agrees). 

Now, in order to properly make this recipe, you will need 2 little helpers. 
One to crack the eggs, and 1 to taste test the cheese.



Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself....lol. First get out all of your ingredients: 

Cheesy Ham and Hashbrown Casserole. Easy enough for the kids to help. OneBlessedChicky.com

Ingredients:
1 Can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls

3 C Shredded Hash Browns

8 Medium Eggs (slightly beaten)

2 C Diced Ham (I used left over ham from a previous ham dinner)

1/2 C Chopped Onions

5 T Butter

1/2 C Sour Cream
1 t Salt
Pepper to taste

Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 casserole dish. 
Roll out the crescent rolls in the bottom of the casserole dish.

Cheesy Ham and Hashbrown Casserole. Easy enough for the kids to help. OneBlessedChicky.com


Spread the hashbrowns evenly on top of the crescent roll crust.

Cheesy Ham and Hashbrown Casserole. Easy enough for the kids to help. OneBlessedChicky.com


While I was preparing this, I had the ham and onions sautéing 
in a pan over medium heat (approx 5 min).



Now comes the part where your little helpers come in. My 4 year old granddaughter Maddi loves to help me cook, so I put her to work cracking the eggs. Once in a while my 2 year old grandson Madden wants to help. Today was one of those days. So, I pulled up a bar stool and put him to work stirring some shredded cheese in a small bowl (not part of the recipe....just needed to keep him busy). As you can see, it DID keep him busy (EATING it...lol).

Cheesy Ham and Hashbrown Casserole. Easy enough for the kids to help. OneBlessedChicky.com

Cheesy Ham and Hashbrown Casserole. Easy enough for the kids to help. OneBlessedChicky.com

After the eggs are cracked and slightly beaten, pour them evenly on top of the hash browns. Sprinkle the salt & pepper on top of the eggs and spread the ham and onion mixture next. Looking yummy ;)

Cheesy Ham and Hashbrown Casserole. Easy enough for the kids to help. OneBlessedChicky.com


In a medium microwaveable bowl, melt the butter and cheese (1-2 min). 
Add the sour cream and stir until mixed well. Spread over the top of the casserole.

Cheesy Ham and Hashbrown Casserole. Easy enough for the kids to help. OneBlessedChicky.com


Bake in 350 oven for 40-45 minutes.

Cheesy Ham and Hashbrown Casserole. Easy enough for the kids to help. OneBlessedChicky.com

Take out and let it sit for about 5 minutes before cutting into it.

Cheesy Ham and Hashbrown Casserole. Easy enough for the kids to help. OneBlessedChicky.com

Enjoy!!


Cheesy Ham and Hashbrown Casserole. Easy enough for the kids to help. OneBlessedChicky.com


And ALWAYS remember.... if you have a craving that will NOT go away, go to Pinterest and type that thing you are craving in the search bar. You never know what you will find!

As always, go with God, and God will go with you!


Until next time,
Debbie Davis
One Blessed Chicky
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment