Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A One Blessed Chicky Surprise

A One Blessed Chicky Surprise. OneBlessedChicky.com


I've been sick the last couple of days... some sort of "body aches" flu bug. You know the kind... chills, can't warm up, every muscle and joint in your body hurts, stiff neck, headache.... not fun at all. Anyway, I went back to work today, not feeling 100%, but enough to go work for a few hours at the church (thankfully I set my own hours there).

On the way home, I knew my February Mary Kay order would be waiting for me. I received the UPS notification on my phone after they delivered (love that). There's always a little bit of excitement when I know Mary Kay products are coming. Okay, I lied, there's a LOT of excitement. 

So, today, still not feeling up to par, I'm getting closer to the house, and I see the Mary Kay box on the front porch.... yay!! I stopped to get the mail, shoved it into my bag and drove on up the driveway. I walked into the house, set the Mary Kay package on the floor, then decided to open the mail before tearing into the products. 

The usual, junk mail... Oh wait, there's a small envelope with my name on it, and the return address, my in-laws. What can this be? I'm not expecting anything from them. I open it up and down inside the tiny manila envelope was a dog tag/keychain engraved with "one blessed chicky" and a little chick beside it. 

A One Blessed Chicky Surprise. OneBlessedChicky.com

Now, this probably means nothing to all of you, but it means the world to me! My step-mom in-law stamps these little things out by hand. She made me and my girls one for Christmas with our favorite quotes. Mine was "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord". There were a lot of words to fit on the little key chain, but she did it. 

Now this! What a surprise. I was so excited, I took a picture of it and immediately 
posted it to Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Haha.... yes, I do that.  
And now I'm blogging about it (hee hee). Oh, and don't forget Pinterest!

Wait a second! I completely forgot about the Mary Kay products. Well, I guess you know what I'll be doing here in a little bit. I'll be excited to go through the box, as the new spring products have arrived. And my customers will be happy to get their orders soon. But, I had to take a moment to tell you about my "One Blessed Chicky" surprise. Sometimes, the littlest things mean the most!

OneBlessedChicky.com


As always, go with God and God will go with you!


Until next time,
Debbie Davis
One Blessed Chicky



No comments:

Post a Comment