Tuesday, February 4, 2014

DIY Hummingbird Nectar



Save money with DIY Hummingbird Nectar made with 1 part sugar and 4 parts water. OneBlessedChicky.com

We're smack dab in the middle of a good ole' Midwestern winter snow storm! So, you're probably wondering why I'm blogging about hummingbirds? Well, since I'm closed up in the warm house, with no where to go (who would want to get out in this weather?), I decided to look through some old Instagram photos. I came across a couple of pics from 2 summers ago, before our house was built, and I started making my own hummingbird nectar. I found quite a few pins on Pinterest on how to make your own nectar, and they all basically said the same thing.... 1 part sugar to 4 parts water. 

So, here is my DIY Hummingbird Nectar. (And it worked, they loved it!)

HUMMINGBIRD NECTAR

Supplies:
4 C Water
1 C Granulated Sugar

Directions:
Bring four cups of water to a boil.
Remove from heat and add one cup of granulated sugar and stir.
Once sugar is dissolved, completely cool (can put in refrigerator overnight)
Pour into hummingbird feeder 

Save money with DIY Hummingbird Nectar made with 1 part sugar and 4 parts water. OneBlessedChicky.com

There you have it. If your hummingbirds are like mine, you will need to make a batch a couple of times a week. I normally put out 2 or 3 feeders. Now that we have officially moved out to the farm, I'm excited to see my little fluttering friends even more.

As always, go with God, and God will go with you!



Until next time,
Debbie Davis
One Blessed Chicky




No comments:

Post a Comment