Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine Cherry Pastry Cookies

I was searching Pinterest the other day or a recipe for a Valentine's Day dessert to take to my church's Sweetheart Banquet. 

I came across a recipe for Cherry Shortbread Cookies and I went to the pantry to search for the ingredients to see if I had the "stuff" to make these yummy looking cookies. 

Well, I didn't have the exact ingredients, but I had similar ingredients. Below is a photo of "my"version of the cookies. They turned out fabulously!

Valentine Cherry Pastry Cookies. OneBlessedChicky.com
Valentine Cherry Pastry Cookies (OneBlessedChicky.com 2013)


Here is a link to the original recipe from BHG.com

I substituted white chocolate baking chips for the white chocolate baking squares, and I only used 6 ounces. They all went into the mixture. I also added an 1/8 teaspoon of the cherry juice to the mixture for added cherry flavoring. I had to bake mine for 13-14 minutes (but my oven is funky). 

On the top of each cookie I used white frosting with a cherry on top (since I didn't have any white chocolate baking squares for dipping). They turned out very tasty and they looked good too :)


I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day with your sweetie pie ♥


Have a blessed day,
Debbie Davis
One Blessed Chicky
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment